Well today is the last day of 2014! That is Crazy!! Have you been reflecting back on your year? What have been some good things? What have been some difficult things? Has God been faithful? What are your hopes for 2015? Are you excited? Are you fearful? Do you have any prayer requests you’d like to share?
– I got to minister with my dear friends, Brenda Yoder (http://www.brendayoder.com) & Krissy Nelson (http://www.notaloneministries.com) in Pensacola, Fl. even with a tornado in Louisiana and having to find a place to stay overnight in Ft. Lauderdale Texas (thank you Diana Thiessen!) God proved himself very faithful!
– We had a wonderful Women’s Retreat at our church and God broke through in so many ways and brought the ladies together and closer to the Lord’s Spirit.
– We had a great time in Boise visiting friends and family! Family is so important.
– The kids and I have survived the first half of our second year homeschooling. It has been quite the adventure full of ups and downs, successes and failures, and I wouldn’t change one thing!
– Our band “Not Just Sunday” had the chance to play out at some fun places together. We love gigging and rocking out! Hope to gig more together in the New Year Joshua Roosa, Brian Marriott, and Lee Lipsker!
– Went to a refreshing songwriter’s bootcamp led by Staci Frenes & Kenon Chen (http://www.kenonchen.com). God ordained that time for me. There were so many God moments that happened to me that I am so thankful for. I am planning to work with Kenon on recording at least one of my songs that I can’t wait to share with you. Looking forward to that in the new year.
– Read an amazing book by Staci Frenes (http://www.stacifrenes.com) called “Flourish.” It was so healing for me to read of another creative soul’s journey to accept her creativity and thrive in it for the glory of God! I am so inspired and determined to shine through the creativity God has given me to use. Each one of us are creative! We ALL can do something to reflect our Creator. I challenge you to not be afraid, but to do something creative. You won’t be disappointed. There is no right or wrong. Only you can express uniquely what you want to express. There is no one like you and there never will be.
– It was so much fun for me to share my music with my homeschool mommy friends this Christmas!! Barely any of them new I was a singer/songwriter. Most days are all about our kids. We sometimes dress up, but usually we are without makeup, wearing comfy clothes, and just surviving the variables of our days. So, it was a treat to share something that was dear to my heart with my dear friends. I will treasure that evening.
– I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas time!! I grew up singing in many Christmas productions and events. So this year I was able to be apart of quite a few and my heart was full!!
– Our church got through a very difficult season by the grace of God. We are now hopeful for the future.
– My family has been healthy and has brought me much comfort this year. I adore my husband Brian and our two kids, Hannah and Josh. My extended family always has a special place in my heart and I pray for them everyday.
– God has helped us financially.
– Oh and one more thing, we were able to raise $1000.00 to send to our sponsored child in Uganda to save her working eye. We are still waiting to hear how it went, but hopefully she will be able to see. It amazed me how the people of God can come together to do great things!!
– I had many times this year when I was challenged by the spirit of fear. Fear has plagued my side of the family for generations. I have the fear of flying, fearful dreams and nightmares, visions, and future worries, fear of failure, and it usually happens more and more when I am doing something for the Lord, but God’s Spirit has equipped me with His powerful gifts to fight back! There is power speaking out the word of God. There is power praying in the Spirit. There is power calling on the name of Jesus!
– My grandmother has been suffering with alzheimer’s disease. This has made me sad because my other grandmother suffered with it as well. I wish I could see my grandparents, but we just live too far away.
– All of what our church has had to go through this year has weighed heavily on my heart and on our family.
– Homeschooling (enough said)
– Situations in our family’s life
– The pain in my shoulder, neck, and leg. I haven’t been able to raise my right arm all of the way for over a year now. I miss dancing like when I was young.
– watching friends and family going through very difficult situations
Has God been faithful? YES!!!! Through it all, God has been faithful. I have learned how to rest in Him. I have learned to give Him all of my fears and concerns and let go. I have learned to pray in my Spiritual language given to me by the Holy Spirit that has strengthened my heart and has given me a focus and has revealed to me what to pray for. When you give your life to Jesus, He gives you His Spirit to help you in all things and to comfort you. I can tell you that it is completely true! Now, I am human and still struggle. God never promised to take us out of our problems. He promised to help get us through them. So I am clinging to that this year and for next year. It also says in His word that, “God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.” 2 Timothy 1:7
My hopes for 2015 are to get closer to the heart of God and be more disciplined in spending time with Him and listening for His voice and direction. I want to write more songs and continue ministering to others through singing and worship leading. I want to teach my kids to love Jesus with all of their hearts and be little lights for Him wherever they go. I want them to learn to be avid readers, good writers, get better at spelling and math. I want to instill in them a love for learning! I want to spend more time with Brian and invest in our friendship and love for one another. I want to reach out to my family members more often through letters, emails, phone calls, instead of using Facebook to update them on the latest news. I want my life to reflect God’s love in all that I say and all that I do through the grace and help of Jesus. Lastly, that I will be equipped to conquer the fears that come to attack me and that God will surround me with His peace.
I don’t know if I’m excited. I still face fear regularly. That is a battle I fight everyday. But, more often than not, I win. So I am resting in the Lord’s love, His grace, mercy, and peace. There is nothing better than to be a child of the Most High God. He truly is a loving Father.
Prayer request: That our family will hold true to the promises of God and that we will walk daily in His ways.
Thank you friends for reading my posts and sharing your encouragements. I pray God’s love and His blessing will accompany you into 2015. If you are reading this and God is stirring your heart to want to have that loving relationship with Him too, all you have to do is believe that He sent Jesus to die for all of your sins, that He conquered the sting of death by raising from the dead, and ask Him to come into your heart to transform you into the person He has created you to be. When you say that simple confession, You will be adopted into His family and will live eternally with Him, but not only that, He will send His Holy Spirit to live inside your heart and help you with everything life throws your way. His grace and mercy will cover you daily and you will no longer be weighed down by guilt, shame, pride, lust, addiction, hate, fear, etc. His love will make your heart whiter than snow. Please contact me if you said that prayer and I will send you a bible and help you get started on your new journey with Your Creator!! = )
Lots of love to you all!
www.laramarriott.com & itunes